Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Don't Forget To Play Today...

Play? Do artists ever really grow up? Is what we do something more than play? Sometimes I feel so lucky to be able to do what I do full time. I wonder where I'd be if I had not taken this path. I have been thinking alot about this because of a new student I have. Without saying too much, I will say she made some wrong choices in life and had to pay for them big time. She's 33 and I am trying to make a difference in her world. She's like a sponge soaking up all that I have to give her. Some of my family (not my husband) are giving me grief about spending so much time with her. They say they are afraid for me. That she will turn on me, hurt me. Blah, blah, blah.
My mother, my whole life called me a people collector. My second grade teacher wrote on my report card " Nancy is the class peacemaker"
How can I not give what I have to her now when she needs me most?
fondly, Nancy
Now Playing: Corinne Bailey Rae/Breathless

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have often wondered that too... Do artist's really ever grow up? I know that we are all young at heart. It seems that the older I get, the younger in spirit I get. If that makes sense? Anyhoo, great piece! I love it!
*HUGS*

Cat said...

Great art, I like the music paper in the background.

Have a great week, Cat